12.31.2007

2008 to do list


i have about 50 to do lists floating around in various journals, word docs, notebooks & calenders, but i've decided to lay it all out here. here are things that i hope to do in the next year. cheers to 2008!
  • travel to sweden & germany (vacation time holds me back, but i smell unpaid leave in the future)
  • design & develop a new website - natalie will be my partner in crime & we will revolutionize the crafting world, online at least
  • sew a dress using a pattern - i really want to challenge myself sewing this year
  • make red velvet cake - i now have a beautiful kitchenaid mixer & it longs to be used daily
  • take on a new physical activity - boxing, yoga & dancing are my initial thoughts
  • complete branding efforts for stilldottie - develop a regular tutorial & pattern schedule for the blog, create business cards & letterhead, create line of prints or housewares for stilldottie.etsy.com
  • go somewhere warm for my birthday - mexico & hawaii are the front runners.
  • clean & organize my walk in closet - this will require a trip to home depot & lots of patience
  • create a system for referencing all of the inspiration i find
  • redecorate my bedroom - new duvet, hang curtains, find something for my walls
  • rev up the hunt for furniture - more flea markets, estate sales & craigslist
  • take an art class (or two or five)
also fun to think about - big changes in 07: short hair, 00g ears, platinum blonde, opened the etsy shop, gave up my car, moved into my first one bedroom, moved up at work (graphics baby), fell in love with a bike, created graphics for cal anderson summer 2007 (my first limited edition set of prints), learned how to row, become a co-organizer for chicks play hard, learned to screen print & so much more that i'm forgetting to mention. thank you & cheers to all of the fantastic people in my life this last year & years past, you are all appreciated & loved!

photo credit to alicia bock

1 comment:

Veronica Darling... said...

I went practically platinum blonde in 2007 as well! But just not short!

Good luck with your goals for 2008, sewing dresses with a pattern is the way I learnt how to sew! I bought heaps of old patterns from op shops - thrift stores - and my material in the early days was old sheets - groovy 70s flower bedsheets or quilt covers were my faves!

xoxo