4.19.2007

mobile among others

img missing
here has been a small lull in crafting, by this i mean i haven't done any new projects in a couple weeks. again, i am intimidated by the pile of potential projects sitting on my bookshelves. first, my mom gave me a 1940's pattern of my great grandmother's for a wrap around apron. i remember my mom wearing hers when i was little. it was navy blue & kelly green paisley & she always wore it when she made sour cream cookies. i bought three types of fabric & bias tape to make the aprons for a couple friends & myself. a week ago i pulled out the pattern & started cutting, only to find that multiple pieces were missing. i tried estimating the size of the missing pieces, but the project is on halt until my mom mails her apron to model my new ones after. second, i am making fabric tacks that i found of craft:. i bought buttons to cover, which i simply wriggle off the backing after covering with fabric & hot glue thumbtacks to the back. i think the idea of getting rid of fabric scraps while making something adorable is always good. third, i will make this (pictured above). i have tons of metropolis, dwell & other magazines lying around & this will look great in my new apartment (hurray!).

No comments: